Learn Italian words faster!
To learn words faster you should use your knowledge of other languages. Try to make as many links as you can between Italian words and their equivalents in other languages.
- bicchiere / beker (Dutch), beaker (English)
- cameriere / kamerheer (Dutch), chamberlain (English)
- decider / to decide (English), décider (French)
- esercizio / exercise (English)
But watch out for so-called ‘false friends’ because sometimes an Italian word can have a totally different meaning to a similar sounding word in another language!
- morbido = soft (and not morbid)
- avviso = warning (and not advice)
- riunione = meeting (and not reunion)
- cantine = cellar (and not cantine)
Interested in following language training at Regina Coeli?
The Regina Coeli method ensures that you learn to speak a foreign language quickly and effectively. Our highly qualified trainers teach you the skills, vocabulary and grammar that you need for your specific situation so you can immediately start communicating in the language.
Do you require more information? Please contact us!