Code of conduct for hygiene and safety
Within Regina Coeli, the following code of conduct applies to everyone, by which we strive together to achieve the best possible levels of hygiene and safety:
- Keep 1.5 metres away from one another;
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often;
- No shaking of hands;
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow;
- Do not touch your face;
- If you have any COVID-related complaints, you will need to take a rapid test. If the result is negative, you can start or continue your training.
In addition, we have taken a number of specific measures. These are listed below:
- Each course member is taught by the same two language trainers, to keep the number of contacts to a minimum;
- Each course member is assigned a classroom for the duration of the course, in which he/she is taught by the language trainers, works on multimedia assignments, and carries out any necessary self-study. There is a screen that separates the course member’s workspace from that of the trainer.
- Wherever possible, there is a one-way system in the building. There are clear markers showing where this is not possible and where you are kindly requested to keep right;
- The main entrance at the front of the building serves only as the entrance. The exit is on the patio side of the building;
- In the communal areas, the furniture has been placed 1.5 metres apart;
- In certain areas, such as at the coffee machines and at Reception, markers on the floor denote the prescribed 1.5 metres;
- Only one person at a time may use the restrooms, irrespective of the number of toilets;
- Only one person at a time may use the lifts.
- A choice of menu can be made using an App on the course member’s own Smartphone. Service at table is carried out following the prescribed distancing protocol;
- The bar is self-service in the evening, and the 1.5 metre distancing protocol applies;
- Regina Coeli follows the hygiene measures as prescribed by Koninklijke Horeca Nederland, the organisation representing hospitality businesses in the Netherlands. These have been laid down in a Protocol for Catering at Regina Coeli.
- Disinfection units have been placed in several parts of the building;
- There are disinfection products in all guest rooms and classrooms (hand disinfection gel, alcohol spray, micro-fibre wipes and tissues). Course members and language trainers can clean their workspaces themselves;
- If possible, course members use their own bathroom facilities in Guest Accommodation Eikenheuvel, and not the restrooms in the building;
- There are disinfection products in all restrooms.
We follow the protocols laid down by the training sector organisation NRTO (Nederlandse Raad voor Training en Opleiding), Koninklijke Horeca Nederland, which represents hospitality businesses in the Netherlands, and the OSB (Ondernemingsorganisatie Schoonmaak Branche), which represents the cleaning industry. All protocols take into account the guidelines set out by the Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM).